Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday 2 August 2015

How I Photograph And Edit My Blog Photos





(The Difference After Each Photo has been edited is crazy!) 

I always get lots of emails, and comments asking about my photos so I thought that I would write a post entailing my photos and hopefully help some of you or give you some inspiration!

So after planning out my posts for the week (sometimes the month) ahead, on the weekend I will begin to set up my lights and backgrounds. I have three studio lights (which I purchased here) which were an expensive purchase however ever since I bought these I feel like my photos have improved tremendously! They were such a good purchase, and in the future I will be looking at buying more! i love them! I will then lay out my white cloth background on the floor, with a white acrylic card to make sure the background is completely white and increase the reflections. From there I begin to take out all the items that I'm going to photograph and lay them out into piles. I take out my photo book which is pictured above, and in that book I have magazine pages that I have ripped out, and that way when I'm going to take a photo I can select a background really easily. Whenever my mum has read elle magazine, I will go through and rip out all the pretty pages and put it in my book! (Which is slightly overflowing now!) From then I just place the chosen page on the acrylic, and place the items across the page. I take about 50 photos for each item that I'm looking to take. After I have taken all of the photos for the posts, I will upload them to my computer. Normally this process takes about 4-5 hours, so I do the rest of the work in the following days.

When I have some spare time on my hands, I will begin to go through all of the photos and immediately delete photos that I don't like, until I end up with a few for each post. I will then use the website fotor which is such a good website for editing. It's really easy to understand and operate, typically I will crop a photo and increase the exposure and saturation of photos. I highly highly recommend this website, for somebody with absolutely no editing experience it took me minutes to understand it! I edit all photos for each post and put them onto my post, and choose the best one or two! 

So thats my process, for my blog photos! I hope you were able to understand this, and found it useful!

6 comments:

  1. I want studio lights so badly because my bedroom is quite dull so my pictures end up dull :( Nice post ! :)

    beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to bite the bullet and buy them, and they are one of the best things I have ever bought! Big recommendation! xx

      Delete
  2. I need to get some studio lights because lighting is my worst enemy!! This is a really helpful post Daisy, I loved it as always!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a huge recommendation of mine! Thank you Becca, your always way too sweet! xx

      Delete
  3. adore this post lovely! been looking forward to it ever since you said it was coming up! and im so pleased someone has a post using artificial lighting! super useful, ill be referring back to this!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer thats so so kind! I adore your blog! xx

      Delete