Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Drugstore Alternative #2 - Smashbox Pore Minimising Primer


I'm super excited to write another instalment of drugstore alternatives, as I have found that I love writing these and discovering new dupes for high end products! It's also so much more exciting going to the drugstore and thinking that "this would be such a great dupe for..." ! Anyway, I really hope your enjoying these posts as much as I enjoy writing them!

The Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer is something that always seems to be out of stock no matter how early you get to the shops. It took me three months before I managed to track it down and even now - five months since it's release it's still almost always sold out; seems like they just can't seem to keep it in stock! The Smashbox primer is a fairly thick consistency and a skin toned primer, that melts into the skin. If you have oily skin this would be a total dream since it prevents oily skin all day (yes, even in the t-zone!) and mattifies the skin like no other. It fills in the pores in a seamless way and the packaging is super cute! Unfortunately, the packaging of the L'oreal Skin Perfection Primer does not quite reach Smashbox standard. The formulation of the product is a much thicker consistency, and is white in colour. This takes a little longer to blend into the skin since it's a lot thicker. Despite that, it does not cling to dry skin as much as the Smashbox primer does - however nor does it fill in pores quite as well as the latter, but neither contribute to my makeup lasting any longer. Although, the Smashbox primer retails at £28 and the L'oreal primer retailing at £12.99, the Smashbox primer is much better value seeing as it has 30ml of product and L'oreal only having 15ml! Therefore, I do reach for the Smashbox primer over the latter (however t o t a l l y avoid dry skin) and if you wish to purchase the Smashbox Primer you can do so here.

Verdict: SAVE


3 comments:

  1. Please check out my blog it wpuld mean alot im finding it really hard to get followers and I only have 2! please help me get 10! http://hollysbeautysecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,
      I'm really sorry you are finding it hard to get followers, and hopefully you'll get there real soon and I'll let my friends know about your blog. However, I would appreciate it if the comments were kept advertising and spam free. I do offer advertising on my blog, and if you are interested then feel free to message me! Good luck! x

      Delete
  2. Please check out my blog it wpuld mean alot im finding it really hard to get followers and I only have 2! please help me get 10! http://hollysbeautysecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete