Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday 6 December 2014

Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Review - BLOGMAS DAY SIX!

(Just want to say a massive thank you to my best friend Cerys, for helping me out with all of the photos, posts and just general help and advice for BLOGMAS, so this post is dedicated to you! Love you hun!)

First of, I want to say that I am in no way bragging. This was an expensive product that I had bought after having saved for it. I had heard many bloggers and youtubers frequently talk about it coincidentally my MAC Mineralised Skinfinish Natural ran out therefore I ended up deciding to buy this powder to replace it. Since it is a fairly hyped product I thought I would review it for all of you and give you some perspective of the powder.

I bought this in Selfridges and it cost £40, which was quite expensive for a powder but I am personally really enjoying this powder, and glad I bought it - however I am not sure if I shall be repurchasing for a little while yet.

I was matched to the shade Pastel 70 which I originally thought was way to dark for my skin tone but the makeup artist was adamant that it was my shade due to my pink and yellow undertones, and thankfully I did buy this shade and it turned out to be perfect. It looks quite dark in the pan but when applied it seamlessly melts into your complexion and is undetectable.

My face is left silky and smooth, my complexion brightened, radiant and even - which makes a change. I apply it with my Real Techniques Powder brush and use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or the sponge provided to pact it into areas that need a bit more coverage such as my nose and under eyes. I carry it round in its pouch in my makeup bag and reapply after lunch. This powder is a luminous powder rather than a matte formula so I find that it does not combat oiliness for long periods of time so I do reapply throughout the day if needed or use a different powder through my T-zone so I do not need to touch up during the day.

Overall I am really enjoying this powder, and it is said to last an incredibly long time as you only need a very small amount although once it has ran out I am not sure if I shall be repurchasing due to the expensive price tag it comes with!

 I'd love to hear your thoughts on this powder foundation if you've tried it, and if you haven't then whats your holy grail powder?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have a Chanel powder, there are lush! This one definitely sounds like it was worth the £40 you spent on it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super nice and luxirous but I think it will just be a one time thing! I'm sure when I hit pan it will only be coming out for special occasions! Happy Holidays!
      xx

      Delete