Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 5 December 2014

Beauty Products Not Worth The Hype - BLOGMAS DAY FIVE!


Having been a makeup horder, or 'collector' as I prefer... It means I have accumulated a lot of makeup and unfortunately there's always a few products that I don't like, and I thought iI'd share them with all of you.

1. Nars Light Reflection Powder 
As most of you know I bought this whilst visiting America in Sephora, and since then I have used this a number of times trying to find a use for it and sadly I can't. To apply this product however you cannot use a brush and instead have to use your fingers which I completely do not like. It also very barely shows up on your skin and does not make a difference. It also causes my makeup to crease and frankly I really do not like this product. It is a very soft formula however the product completely crumpled within the packaging whilst I was using it. I love Nars and will continue purchasing more of their products but I recommend not to buy this.

2. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation  
I think I've mentioned this before but I hate wearing foundation as it feels so heavy and cake-y on my skin and I'm continuously aware of it on my skin. However, there are some days where I want to wear a really light coverage face product such as foundation, or BB cream and I had heard many people rave about the lightweight formula of this but I hate it. The lightest shade is still to dark, and I find it one of the heaviest foundations I have tried and it definitely does not work with me personally.

3. Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer
I feel like the only person not to like this concealer, but as with the foundation the colour range is not the widest and all shades are too too dark for my skin tone. It also settles into fine lines and creases fairly dramatically and also quite frequently.

4. Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara 
I really like this mascara for the first hour of usage however it then literally falls of my eyelashes. It's a formula that crumples and does not hold a curl the best way. I find that I really like this mascara when I reapply it hourly, but it really is not worth the trouble nor the hype.

5. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Having heard this was a dupe for my beloved Nars Concealer I bought this but found it was not like the Nars Concealer at all. The Nars concealer is an incredibly lightweight and creamy concealer much unlike the Maybelline concealer which doesn't concealer quite as well nor does it leave a radiant and glowing complexion quite as well as the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer which is quickly become a fast growing favourite. I find it creases just under my eyes some days so I think I'll be sticking with my Nars Creamy Concealer for now.

I hope you liked this post, let me know which beauty products have let you down, and what posts you'd like to see!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jenna, loving your blog at the moment! Happy Holidays!
      x

      Delete