Featured posts

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Heat Free Hairstyles

(Thank you to my bestfriend Cerys for creating these beautiful looks and taking the equally as beautiful pictures!)

As most of you know, I apply direct heat to my hair almost every day. As you can guess, my hair is not the most healthiest! So having days off where I don't apply heat (and my hair still looks cute) is the best thing to do for me. It also means I get a lie in!

1. Waterfall
Start of parting you hair in the middle, and section off the top third of your hair. Divide the section into three parts. Braid your hair towards the back of your head in a french braid styles. To create the waterfall look, once you've reached the last part of the first braid section drop the final strand of hair. (Now it gets complicated..) Pick up a new strand of hair located next to the strand that you've droped to create the waterfall section. Contine your waterfall look by picking up the next section of hair located beside the inital piece you dropped. Continue braiding towards the middle of your head. Repeat the initial step and drop the last section of hair, and pick up a section next to the dropped hair section. Now secure the braid with elastics and bobby pins if needed. I like the look when it begins to get messy, so I let the pieces start to fall. This hairstyle looks so beautiful!

2. French Braid 
Begin by sectioning your hair, taking a large section from the top center of your head. It should be about 3/4 inches wide. Separate the section into strands into three equal strands. Take the three sections and create a few rows of a regular braid by taking the strand on the right and crossing it over the centre. Then take the strand from the left and cross it over the centre. Continue the braid by crossing the strands diagonally over the centre strand. Continue braiding your hair and secure it with a braid.

3. French Braid Twist Bun
After you have braided your hair into a french braid, then take the hair from the bottom and begin twisting it into a bun and secure with an elastic, and of course bobby pins too. This hairstyle is great if you want something that looks like you spent a long time creating, it's also super cute for work!

4. Half Twist
I don't actually know if this is what its called but I think the name works! Start by parting your hair in the middle and take the front section on the left side and begin twisting it, secure with a bobby pin. Take the front section on the right side and begin twisting it and secure with a bobby pin. I love this hairstyle as it keeps my hair out of my face all day and looks super cute!

I hope they made some sense for you all, and you are able to recreate them! What's your favourite hairstyle?

I also recommend checking out my friends blog and youtube channel! I love them! They are also linked, so please go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment